Taking Chances with Long Skirts in Royal Blue + Tie Dieby Vintijadorned on Apr 9, 2012 • 11:16 pm 2 Comments
Really enjoying the long skirts of the season, but definitely trying to wear them in new ways. Check out how I put two very different “long” looks together. One was a no brainer, the other was different for me. I love mixing prints, but I never really know what to do with Tie-Die. Let me know how I did!
The Easy-Breezy Blue Crepe Skirt
Why it works
- The skirt does most of the work! Beautiful color + visual interest
- The top is bright and a fun pattern which complements the accordion feel of the skirt
- Kept the accessories simple, but fun. Also, check out the throw-back neon rope bracelet from ((wait for it)) Chuck E Cheese!
- Blue Crepe Skirt – Express (Vintage)
- Sky Blue Checkered Button Down
- Assorted Bracelets – vintage, Senegal, Chuck E Cheese (haha)
- Leapord Bow-Tie Flats – Shoe Land
- Necklaces – Vintage +Name Plate from National Black Arts Festival
The to Die For Tie-Die
Why (I think) It Works
- It’s unexpected, yet true to my personality!
- The tie-die is fun, and the Huntington Beach shirt’s bright lettering brings some interest to the affair (and, reminds me of my Cali vacay last year).
- The hat’s neutral color with black ribbon anchors the blacks, grays, and color in the shirt and dress (yeah… that skirt is actually a dress )
- Tie-Die Dress – Romeo & Juliet Couture
- Huntington Beach – Beach Boutique in Cali
- Gold Necklace – Vintage
- Summer Fedora – Urban Outfitters
- Silver Ring – Bombay Gal Butik
Check back for my rundown of where to buy a similar look!
<3 Until Next Time …