Came across this great video via the TBS online series, Trends with Benefits ((read: best title of 2012)). It’s all about “topping off your style” with the right hat. It’s crazy how a hat can really set the mood.
J.J. Hat Center is New York’s oldest hat shop… ((read: hat mecca; read: boss; read: go East young man)). Whether you’re confident in your current stee or looking to branch out, this is definitely a spot to hit up if you’re ever in the NYC area. In fact, stay tuned for an in depth look at this Menswear staple…I’ll be takin’ a trip in April, and will be sure to report back.
J.J. Hat Center Need-to-Knows:
- Established in 1911 and still family-owned
- Choice is King: more than 2,000 Fedoras, Gatsbys, Pork Pies, Derbies, Bollers, and other styles to consider
- Their amazing staff can help you get your hat-terminology game up (see bullet #2)
- The chandelier-illuminated, wood-paneled showroom is an experience that every man of style should have
- REAL customer service: they will clean, steam, block any hat bought from them…. for life!
Tips to Live By:
The Fedora is the king of all men’s hats. The wide-brim hat is quite à la mode these days.
Usually, the way [a man] puts on a hat the first time, is the way that he’ll wear it. That’s how he’s feelin’ it.
You don’t have to be dressed up to wear a hat, but wearin’ a hat IS a feelin’.
It’s about finding the right thing for yourself. Maybe it’s color, maybe it’s pattern…maybe it’s a hat.
JJ Hat Center
310 5th Avenue # 1
New York, NY 10001
Check back to find out the best spots to that special hat to top off your style!
<3 Until Next Time…
[image above via www.acontinuouslean.com]